It’s the time again! The snow has melted, summer heat is on its way and the grass is growing. We’ve put together some tips on lawn mower maintenance tips from the pros that you can use in your yard for a great lawn. If you want to put your feet up and have us do your fertilizing, aeration or provide a regular lawn mowing service, be sure to give us a call!
Mower maintenance is key to a good cut.
- Fresh gas. Hopefully, you drained it at the end of last season and it’s ready to go for the spring cuts.
- Once you put fresh gas in your mower, be sure to check the oil. Just like you car, your mower needs oil to run properly. If it is full of grass particle or other stuff or if it is dark, it’s time to change it.
- It’s also a good idea to clean out the underside of your mower. Since it has had a chance to dry up over the winter it should be easily removed with gloved hands or a simple scraping tool.
- Changing the air filter and the spark plugs will give you a heads up on a properly running mower for the summer and it will contribute to the longevity of your machine.
- Sharpening the blades is, of course, a good way to ensure that your cut is even and clean.
- Every few years you should invest in a professional tune-up for your lawn mower (and I don’t mean the teenagers). It will cost a bit of money, but not as much as a new mower.