Buffalo Lawn and Landscape is Western New York’s and Buffalo’s best lawn care and landscape company. We offer customized fertilizer service as part of our lawn care services for all our customers. The starting point for giving your lawn what it needs is knowing what it lacks. To find out what it lacks, we conduct soil testing.
In our last blog, we discussed the big three nutrients of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium and their importance to a healthy, green lawn. Just as humans need vitamins and minerals in addition to basics like protein and carbohydrates, grass needs micronutrients to thrive long-term. Here are some of the micronutrients that grass needs to thrive
- Iron is essential for the production of chlorophyll, the substance that is responsible for photosynthesis. Without the proper amount of iron, leaves turn yellow with dark green veins.
- Healthy synthesis of food sources is essential to the health of plants. Manganese plays a key role in the metabolism of carbohydrates and nitrogen. It works with the enzymes in the grass to do this job. Dead spots will be the result of a lack of manganese.
- Copper is essential for strong roots and is essential for photosynthesis. Without the proper amount of copper, plants can’t metabolise proteins and the grass will simply not grow.
- Zinc is involved in the production of a growth hormone as well as the production of chlorophyll.
- Boron is good for grass, bad for weeds. Boron helps grass regulate the other nutrients and to move sugars where they need to go. Without boron, seed and flower production is stunted. Boron also kills weeds and ground ivy, and that’s a win-win.
Call 716.247.4738 to take advantage of our fertilization service and get a healthier greener lawn.